Monday, July 16, 2007

Song of the Day: We All Belong

My first "Song-of-the-Day" Post:
"We All Belong" by Kate Ryan

I'm a big fan of Kate Ryan. I've been listening to her since she began releasing great Eurodance singles a few years ago. "Libertine", "Scream For More", "Only If I", "Je T'Adore", "Alive", "All For You"...the list goes on and on. The fact that she not only releases great songs in English but also in French is very awesome to me.
For those who don't know much about her, they can read up on her and hear all her songs at her website www.kateryan.be , so I won't go into all that here. Suffice to say, she is one of several awesome Belgian dance music artists that have become world-famous over the past half-a-dozen years for their upbeat, energetic music.

Her latest release is "We All Belong". At first hearing, you'll think that this song is actually pretty simple compared to most modern Dance Music. Not many overlapping instruments...a basic beat and a synthesizer or two. Certainly different from "Libertine"!
But the basic melody, verses and chorus are great. You really get into it. The tune gets in your head real easily. And the lyrics have a great story---everyone unite and get along. Nothing too deep, but it's fun.
This song has been released for the 2007 Euro Gay Games in Antwerp, Belgium, so it seemed appropriate for Kate Ryan. Plus, if you search youtube for this song, you might find an interview where Kate mentions her father is gay, and is getting married to his boyfriend! (Yes, they can do that in Belgium.)

I know Kate's no where near as famous in the US as she is in Europe. And it's a shame. I think most Americans, at least the dance music fans, would adore her if they heard her. I hope you do too.

No comments: